Our Local Governing Bodies
The three core functions for governance in all academies are:-
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the Executive Leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
Primary responsibility for these functions is held by the Trust Board of Trustees, but it delegates responsibilities to the Local Governing Body (LGB) of each academy via a document called a Scheme of Delegation.
Our Local Governing Body consists of approximately 6 Trust Appointed Governors, 2 Parent Governors, 1 Staff Governor and the Headteacher.
The full LGB meets twice each term. There are also termly meetings for each of the sub-committees:
- Resources Committee (covering finance, premises, IT, health & safety)
- Standards & Curriculum (covering teaching, learning and safeguarding)
- Ethos & Community (covering RE, Christian distinctiveness, Collective Worship, engagement with staff, pupils, parents and community)
Scheme of Delegation
Chair of Governors
|Beacon Federation of Church of England Primary Academies||Beacon Federation - SoD - 2021-2022||Nick Drax|
|Newton Flotman Church of England Primary Academy||Newton Flotman - SoD - 2021-2022||Jan Pierson|
|St Mary's Junior Academy||St Mary's - SoD - 2021-2022||Rev Heather Wilcox|
|The Diss Primary Academy Partnership |
(Diss Infant Academy and Nursery and Diss CE Junior Academy)
|DPAP - SoD - 2021-2022||Clive Sinfield|
|The Harleston Federation |
(Harleston CE Primary Academy and Archbishop Sancroft High School)
|Harleston Federation - SoD - 2021-2022||Chris Wilson-Town|