Academy Business Support- St Mary’s Church of England Junior Academy
Posted on: Thursday 16 December 2021 | St Benet's Multi-Academy Trust
St Mary’s C of E Junior Academy, Long Stratton
St Mary’s C of E Junior Academy, are seeking a capable, self-motivated individual with business experience to work as part of the administrative team to support the Head Teacher and Senior Leadership Team with the smooth running of the Academy.
‘Raising aspiration’s and a love for learning through
courage, resilience, positive relationships and God’s love.’
Under the direction of the Head Teacher, and in accordance with the practices and procedures of the school, assist with the management of the school’s administrative, financial, technical and clerical support services to a high standard, ensuring that these functions support the management and teachers of the school in an efficient and effective manner.
- To work alongside and support other clerical staff, and where applicable, other non- teaching staff.
- To assist with the recruitment and selection of staff, including drafting adverts, advertising, shortlisting and interviewing.
- Completing DBS checks and maintaining the Single Central Record
- Completing the HR admin for all New Starters, change of contracts and maintaining the Personnel records. This includes keeping an up to date staff training records including monitoring and the booking of First Aid certificates when required.
- Processing payroll adjustments and checking of the monthly payroll for accuracy.
- To complete the yearly Workforce Census.
Administration and Organisation
- To manage, deal with, and undertake administrative, secretarial, computing and information/data services, ensuring that these functions are organised efficiently to meet the needs of the school. Where required to manage other non-teaching support services.
- To provide support for the Senior Leadership Team where necessary, and this could include assisting in confidential matters.
- To assist, if necessary, at Governors/Committee meetings and to attend to other school management meetings as required.
- To undertake general duties of an administrative or organisational nature and any other duties that are within the scope of the post as determined by the Head Teacher or Senior Leadership Team
- To manage and maintain the schools Management Information systems
- To maintain and update the schools Policies in conjunction with the Trust and the Senior Leadership Team.
- To support and assist the rest of the office team when required.
- Under the direction of the Head Teacher/Senior Leadership Team, to supervise contractual and related arrangements, including building works and maintenance, quality control of contractors’ work, supplies and the administration arrangements pertaining to contract management.
- To assist the Head Teacher in maintaining/creating a premises development plan.
- To keep updated the school’s assets via the Trust software, at the moment, IRIS Assets.
- To assist the Head Teacher in Health and Safety
- To assist in the preparation, controlling and monitoring of financial budgets and financial reports when required.
- To ensure that the necessary accounting procedures and administrative arrangements are carried out with regard to the processing of invoices, lettings, free school meals, purchase/ordering, and other financial and related procedures.
- To manage the schools financial and operational information systems.
- To make sure that all trip costings through to the balancing/ reconciliation of the trips has been completed and when necessary report to the Governors showing the reconciliation/loss for each trip.
Qualifications – NVQ 3 or equivalent in relevant discipline or equivalent experience. Good numeracy/literacy skills/GCSE(or equivalent) Maths & English
Experience – Experience in Business Administration including financial, personnel, facilities and organisational procedures
Excellent ICT skills.
Good organisational skills
Ability to work as part of a team as well as on your own
High Expectations of yourself and others
The ability to prioritise own workload and to meet deadlines.
The ability to relate well to children and adults.
The ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities.
Willing to undertake further qualifications.
- An immediate start
- 37 hours per week, term time plus two weeks
- Permanent contract
- Scale F, salary point 12-17 £19,399 to £21,417
We are committed to the safeguarding of all children, through its policies, practice and monitoring procedures. Any applicant wishing to work around children can expect to have an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
Closing date: Friday 21 January 2022
How to apply
Please send completed Application Forms to ;
Teacher Full Time – Parkers Church of England Primary Academy
Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
Parkers Church of England Primary Academy, Pound Hill, Saham Toney, Thetford, Norfolk, IP21 7HP
We are looking to appoint a skilled teacher to work at our school on a full time basis.Details
support-staff, Teachers, Teaching Assistants
Part-Time Higher Level Teaching Assistant or Teacher – Gayton Church of England Primary Academy
Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
Gayton Church of England Primary Academy, Lynn Road, Gayton, King's Lynn, Norfolk, PE32 1PA
Gayton Primary Academy requires a part time HLTA or Teacher to start Summer 2022 in a Year 4/5 ClassDetails