Ad-hoc Cleaner – Dereham CofE Junior Academy
Posted on: Friday 17 March 2023 | Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
Dereham Primary Academy, Gilpin's Ride, Littlefields, Dereham, Norfolk, NR19 1BJ
Academy Name: Dereham CofE Junior Academy
Vacancy Job Title: Ad-hoc Cleaner
Pay Scale: Scale A point 1
Annual Value: £20,258.00 Pro-Rata Value: £5,854 maximum (£10.50/hour)
Full Time/Part Time: Part time/Ad-hoc
Hours per week: Zero Hour Contract (2hr 30 mins per day as required)
Term Time: 38 weeks per year, term time only plus mandatory training such as Safeguarding and First Aid paid as overtime.
Start Date: 27th March 2023
Purpose of the post:
To support our existing team of cleaning staff covering their absence as required and arranged in advance by either the Caretaker or School Business Manager.
- To clean a designated area of the school to the standard laid down in the County Specification.
- To replenish sanitary materials (toilet paper, paper towels and soap).
- To periodically clean the store rooms in the designated areas.
- To ensure the cleaning equipment is kept in a clean and working order.
- It should be noted that the area to clean will vary to cover for sickness or absenteeism.
- To be fully aware of and to comply with all departmental instructions and procedures relating to Health and Safety at Work and to recognise the responsibilities required under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- To be fully aware and to comply with the instructions under the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (C.O.S.H.H.).
- To report any problems to the Caretaker/Academy Business Manager.
- To perform such other duties of a like nature as required by the Headteacher.
- Training will be provided as required
This is a description of the job as it is constituted at the date shown. It is the practice of the school to periodically examine job descriptions, update them and ensure that they relate to the job performed, or to incorporate any proposed changes. This procedure will be conducted by the Headteacher/Manager in consultation with the post holder.
In these circumstances it will be the aim to reach agreement on reasonable changes, but if agreement is not possible management reserves the right to make changes to the job description following consultation
Other duties and responsibilities express and implied which arise from the nature and character of the post within the school mentioned above or in a comparable post in any of the School’s other sections or departments.
Culture and ethos:
- Proactively promote and demonstrate the Diocese’s vision and values in all aspects of work
- Challenge, motivate and empower others to set high aspirations and attain ambitious outcomes
- Treat everyone as a valued individual who is loved by God
- Promote and demonstrate a culture of continuous improvement which includes keeping abreast of educational developments and best management practice
- Work collaboratively developing the concept of family across the Trusts and their academies
- Ensure regular open and honest communication in all professional duties
- Recognise the importance of serving the wider community and promoting inclusivity.
- Undertake such other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the grade.
- The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this job specification are indicative and may vary over time. Postholders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and scope of the post and the grade has been established on this basis.
The safety and well-being of children is central to our ethos, and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide references and undertake the Independent Safeguarding Authority checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and comply with the Safeguarding Policy and child protection practices of the Trust.
The Diocese of Norwich Education Services Company (DONESC) has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in its academies and in the employment of people. The post holder will ensure that the DONESC meets its statutory obligations in relation to all aspects of equalities legislation. This post involves regular travel around the Diocese and maybe some evening and weekend work. This job description is not an exhaustive document. It reflects the duties and responsibilities applicable at the time of issue. Details and emphasis are subject to amendment and revision in the light of the changing of DONESC.
How to apply
Completed application forms should be emailed to Businessmanager@derehamjunior.dneat.org
References may be requested prior to interview and may be contacted on receipt of your application form. Please contact us to discuss this further if you have any queries.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office to book an appointment or speak with the Headteacher or Deputy Headteacher.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required.
This post will come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
You may also be interested in...View all
EYFS Teacher – St Michael’s Church of England Academy
Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
St Michael's Church of England Primary Academy, Saddlebow Road, King's Lynn, PE30 5BN
An EYFS teacher is required for our Early Years Foundation Class at our Academy.Details
Assistant, Headteachers, Maternity
Assistant Head Teacher (Maternity Cover) – The Bishop’s CE Primary Academy
Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
The Bishops Church of England Primary Academy, Canterbury Way, Thetford, IP24 1EB
We are looking for an amazing person to join our dedicated and hardworking team at our dynamic and busy two-form entry church school. We are graded good for our Early Years and personal development and are moving towards good in all other areas.Details