Business Administrator Apprentice Level 3 – Diocese of Norwich Education Services Company (DoNESC)
Posted on: Thursday 11 August 2022 | Diocese of Norwich Education Services Company (DoNESC)
Orchard House, Hall Lane, East Tuddenham, NR20 3LR
Exciting opportunity within DoNESC and DNEAT
The Business Administrator Apprentice will support the HR Team two days per week and the Diocese of Norwich Education Academies Trust (DNEAT) two days per week. Both teams are on the same site.
You will be required to provide high standards of HR administration support to the HR Team, DoNESC, DNEAT, St Benet’s MAT and the academies.
Our Apprentice will also provide effective administration support to the central DNEAT team, working with the PA to the Executive Office, enabling them in turn to provide the best service to the Trust’s academies. You will contribute to a customer focused service culture that exceeds the expectations of customers and staff with a “can do” approach.
You will uphold our Christian values in all aspects of your work.
Annual wage – £18,525.00 – £9.50 per hour
Working week – 37 1/2 hours per week, Monday – Friday/ 9am to 5pm, with a 30 minutes break (24 days holiday per annum, plus statutory bank holidays and discretionary Christmas holiday)
Expected duration – 18 months
Apprenticeship level – Advanced Level 3 (A Level)
Human Resources Administration
- Prepare HR documents, for example Employment Contracts and New Starter packs
- Liaise with managers (including those in schools) to effectively support HR administration including day to day sickness and holiday recording
- Keep accurate and up to date HR records as directed (hard and electronic copy)
- Assist with the administration of central staff’s payroll
- Participate in HR projects
- Administration preparation and support for staff recruitment processes (central staff and Headteachers)
- Supporting the administration of complaints, investigations, disciplinary hearings.
- Provide ongoing office cover (in person/incoming email and telephone enquiries)
- Managing own and shared diaries/email inboxes
- Preparation, modification, and processing of documents including correspondence, reports, and emails
- Use/maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
- Meetings: Receive and direct visitors and clients as well as general hospitality and room bookings/organise meetings and support set up as required
- Support all aspects of DNEAT’s Trust wide internal training events programme
- Involvement with the Trust’s internal newsletter and website
- Be part of the admin team supporting the Academies Improvement Team (6 senior leaders) in all their work and wider projects.
There is potential to become a full time member of the team if the apprentice completes the course successfully and performs well throughout.
Culture and ethos
- Proactively promote and demonstrate the Diocese’s vision and values in all aspects of work
- Challenge, motivate and empower others to set high aspirations and attain ambitious outcomes
- Treat everyone as a valued individual who is loved by God
- Promote and demonstrate a culture of continuous improvement which includes keeping abreast of educational developments and best management practice
- Work collaboratively developing the concept of family across the Trusts and their academies
- Ensure regular open and honest communication in all professional duties
- Recognise the importance of serving the wider community and promoting inclusivity.
- Undertake such other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the grade.
Closing date: Friday 21 October 2022
How to apply
Please complete the attached application form and return this with a covering letter to Jo Leach, Head of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The safety and well-being of children is central to our ethos, and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide references and undertake the Independent Safeguarding Authority checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and comply with the Safeguarding Policy and child protection practices of the Trust.
DONESC has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in its academies and in the employment of people. The post holder will ensure that the DONESC meets its statutory obligations in relation to all aspects of equalities legislation. This post involves regular travel around the Diocese and maybe some evening and weekend work. This job description is not an exhaustive document. It reflects the duties and responsibilities applicable at the time of issue. Details and emphasis are subject to amendment and revision in the light of the changing needs of DONESC.
Midday Supervisory Assistant (MSA) – St Mary’s Junior Academy
St Benet’s Multi Academy Trust
St Mary’s C of E Junior Academy - Swan Lane, Long Stratton, Norwich, Norfolk, NR15 2UY
We are looking for enthusiastic colleagues to join our team.Details
Teaching Assistant – Pupil Specific (1:1) – Dereham Church of England Junior Academy
Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
Dereham Primary Academy, Gilpin's Ride, Littlefields, Dereham, Norfolk, NR19 1BJ
If you have experience of working with children, or a desire to make a positive impact on the opportunities and chances for young people with additional needs then we may have the position for you.Details