Caretaker – The Dove Federation (DNEAT)
Posted on: Wednesday 28 April 2021
Dove Federation of CE Primary Academies
We are looking for a hardworking, flexible, approachable caretaker for both of our village schools.
Caston CE Primary Academy
The Street, Caston, Norfolk, NR17 1DD
Tel: 01953 483304
Parkers CE Primary Academy
Pound Hill, Saham Toney, Norfolk, IP25 7HP
Tel: 01953 881601
Executive Headteacher: Mrs Sarah Disney
- Salary: £18,562 pro rata (£7,285 actual salary)
- Temporary contract until 22nd October 2021 with the view to becoming permanent
- Part time – 17.5 hours per week
- Term time plus 4 weeks
- Starting as soon as possible
We are looking for a hardworking, flexible, approachable caretaker for both of our village schools. We are
ideally looking for someone who will work to high standards, have some maintenance and DIY skills,
experience of working in a school environment and be flexible.
Working under the direction of the Headteacher and Federation Support Manager you will:
- Play a major role in the school’s security measures and be the main keyholder for both schools, unlocking and locking both schools every day
- Undertake routine basic building and site maintenance work/repair and well as handyperson duties
- Ensure that the school grounds are tidy, such as litter picking, sweeping leaves, gritting pathways etc.
- Respond to calls outside of working hours relating to security issues
- Complete various health and safety checks, including water and fire alarm tests, ensuring that all documents are recorded correctly and are up to date
- Maintaining stock levels of cleaning materials and raising an order with the Federation Support Manager when necessary
- Meeting contractors when required under the direction of the Federation Support Manager
As we are a Federation, you will be required to work across both schools and manage your time effectively. Please note, this is a split shift position and we would require you to attend both schools before and after school daily. Working times can be negotiated. Please see the attached job description and personal specification for more details.
Please complete the application form provided on the school website and email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than midday on Tuesday 4th May 2021.
“This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and
expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. To this end, you may be required to undergo preemployment checks.” “This post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification)
2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish
whether they are disqualified under these regulations.”
Closing date: Tuesday 4 May 2021
How to apply
A job description is available to download from attachments.
An application form must be completed, which can be downloaded from the school website. Please return
completed forms to email@example.com
Closing date: Tuesday 4 May 2021 at 12:00 noon
Interview date: TBA