Catering Assistant – Colkirk Church of England Primary Academy
Posted on: Thursday 2 March 2023 | Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
Colkirk Church of England Primary Academy, School Rd, Colkirk, Fakenham NR21 7NW
We are looking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic Catering Assistant to join our team at Colkirk Church of England Primary Academy.
Academy Name: Colkirk Church of England Primary Academy
Vacancy Job Title: Catering Assistant
Pay Scale: Scale B Point 2
Annual Value: £20,441
Pro-Rata Value: £6,292
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Hours per week: 15
Term Time: Term Time Only (38 weeks)
Start Date: 18th April 2023
The Unity Federation of Academies are a family of two small Church of England and one Community primary schools and part of DNEAT (Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust). Being mainly church schools, Christian values and ethos sit at the heart of everything we do to create an environment where everyone is valued and respected and pupils are given every opportunity to shine.
The position is:
- Based at Colkirk but travel is required between all 3 sites for meetings at times and you may be asked in the future to work at one of the other sites.
- Valid driving license will be needed
- Collect food from another local school in Fakenham
- Basic food preparation
- Food service to students & staff
- Cleaning duties within the kitchen
- Health & safety compliance
- Friendly and polite customer service
We can offer:
- A welcoming, caring school full of adults who go above and beyond for our children
- Children who are determined to do their absolute best at every opportunity regardless of any barriers and are excited and enthused by their learning
- A strong culture of safeguarding where all adults are supervised and supported to ensure children, young people and adults in our organisation are safe
- A Federation that works as a team
- A welcoming, supportive and active Governing Body
- Parents/carers and families who want to be actively involved in their child’s education
- A supportive Trust who offer high quality professional development opportunities
If you are hardworking, enthusiastic, dedicated, and adaptable, then we would welcome your application. If you would like to know more then please get in touch to arrange a meeting with our Executive Head Teacher, Miss Suzannah Hayes. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed, please contact the school office to book an appointment telephone or email:
An application form and information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below.
Culture and ethos:
- Proactively promote and demonstrate the Diocese’s vision and values in all aspects of work
- Challenge, motivate and empower others to set high aspirations and attain ambitious outcomes
- Treat everyone as a valued individual who is loved by God
- Promote and demonstrate a culture of continuous improvement which includes keeping abreast of educational developments and best management practice
- Work collaboratively developing the concept of family across the Trusts and their academies
- Ensure regular open and honest communication in all professional duties
- Recognise the importance of serving the wider community and promoting inclusivity.
- Undertake such other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the grade.
The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this job specification are indicative and may vary over time. Post holders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and scope of the post and the grade has been established on this basis.
The safety and well-being of children is central to our ethos, and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide references and undertake the Independent Safeguarding Authority checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and comply with the Safeguarding Policy and child protection practices of the Trust.
The Diocese of Norwich Education Services Company (DONESC) has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in its academies and in the employment of people. The post holder will ensure that the DONESC meets its statutory obligations in relation to all aspects of equalities legislation. This post involves regular travel around the Diocese and maybe some evening and weekend work. This job description is not an exhaustive document. It reflects the duties and responsibilities applicable at the time of issue. Details and emphasis are subject to amendment and revision in the light of the changing of DONESC.
Closing date: Friday 24 March 2023
Interviews: Monday 27 March 2023
How to apply
Applications should be returned by email the Executive Head Teacher at email@example.com.
Interviews are likely to be held the week commencing Monday 27th March 2023.
References may be requested prior to interview and may be contacted on receipt of your application form. Please contact us to discuss this further if you have any queries.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office to book an appointment or speak with the Headteacher or Deputy Headteacher.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required.
This post will come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
You may also be interested in...View all
Assistant, Headteachers, Maternity
Assistant Head Teacher (Maternity Cover) – The Bishop’s CE Primary Academy
Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
The Bishops Church of England Primary Academy, Canterbury Way, Thetford, IP24 1EB
We are looking for an amazing person to join our dedicated and hardworking team at our dynamic and busy two-form entry church school. We are graded good for our Early Years and personal development and are moving towards good in all other areas.Details
Learning Support, Teaching Assistants
Learning Support Assistant – Tacolneston and Morley C E Primary Schools Federation
St Benet's Multi-Academy Trust
Morley Primary Academy - Morley St Botolph, Wymondham NR18 9TS
Academy Name: Tacolneston and Morley C E Primary Schools Federation Job Tile: Learning Support Assistant/Teaching Assistant Pay Scale: C Hours per week: 27.Details