Federation School Business Manager – Unity Federation
Posted on: Friday 17 March 2023 | Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
Sculthorpe Church of England Primary Academy, Creake Road Sculthorpe Fakenham NR21 9NQ
We are looking for an experienced, committed and self-motivated Federation School Business Manager to become part of our family of three Primary Schools from May 2023.
Vacancy Title: Federation School Business Manager
Permanent Part time Role, working across our three academy sites (Colkirk, Sculthorpe and Little Snoring)
Hours per week: 22.5hrs per week (3 days a week)
Term Time: 38 weeks plus 3 weeks – 5 training days across the year, one week taken during the Summer holidays and one week flexibly taken according to need
Salary Scale: G point 18 – 22 proportionate to the full-time salary of £27,344 – £29,439 (depending upon experience)
Start Date: May 2023
Unity Federation is a family of two small Church of England Primary Schools and one small Community Primary School that all lie around Fakenham and include Colkirk Church of England Primary Academy, Sculthorpe Church of England Primary Academy and Little Snoring Community Primary Academy. Each school has between 55-75 pupils on role. The Federation is also part of DNEAT (Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust).
The Federation is looking to appoint an experienced School Business Manager who will work across all three of our Primary Schools. The successful candidate will be part of the senior leadership team and help to drive the future vision for the Federation.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has, is working towards or is willing to undertake a school business management qualification.
- Will lead in a range of areas that may include procurement, HR, premises compliance, administrative processes and systems, liaising with the Trust where applicable.
- Has strong day to day budgeting and business skills.
- Has previous experience at a senior management level.
- Has experience of core Human Resource procedures.
- Has experience of managing budgets and reporting at senior level.
- Has excellent organisational and interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Has a strong culture of safeguarding.
- Works under their own initiative and lead on multiple projects at the same time.
- Demonstrates a mature and considered approach to problem solving.
- Is a skilled communicator and decision-maker who can lead in complex situations
We can offer:
- A welcoming, caring Federation full of adults who go above and beyond for our children
- A strong culture of safeguarding where all adults are supervised and supported to ensure children, young people and adults in our organisation are safe
- Children who are determined to do their absolute best at every opportunity and are excited and enthused by their learning.
- A welcoming, supportive and active Governing Body.
- Parents/carers and families who want to be actively involved in their child’s education.
- A supportive Trust who offer high quality professional development opportunities.
- Well-stocked staffrooms full of goodies
If you are hardworking, enthusiastic, dedicated, and adaptable and are ready to ensure all in our schools ‘Have Faith, Flourish and Fly High’, then we would welcome your application. If you would like to know more then please get in touch to arrange a visit, please contact the our Executive Headteacher, Miss Suzannah Hayes by emailing email@example.com.
Culture and ethos:
- Proactively promote and demonstrate the Diocese’s vision and values in all aspects of work
- Challenge, motivate and empower others to set high aspirations and attain ambitious outcomes
- Treat everyone as a valued individual who is loved by God
- Promote and demonstrate a culture of continuous improvement which includes keeping abreast of educational developments and best management practice
- Work collaboratively developing the concept of family across the Trusts and their academies
- Ensure regular open and honest communication in all professional duties
- Recognise the importance of serving the wider community and promoting inclusivity.
- Undertake such other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the grade.
The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this job specification are indicative and may vary over time. Post holders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and scope of the post and the grade has been established on this basis.
The safety and well-being of children is central to our ethos, and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide references and undertake the Independent Safeguarding Authority checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and comply with the Safeguarding Policy and child protection practices of the Trust.
The Diocese of Norwich Education Services Company (DONESC) has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in its academies and in the employment of people. The post holder will ensure that the DONESC meets its statutory obligations in relation to all aspects of equalities legislation. This post involves regular travel around the Diocese and maybe some evening and weekend work. This job description is not an exhaustive document. It reflects the duties and responsibilities applicable at the time of issue. Details and emphasis are subject to amendment and revision in the light of the changing of DONESC.
Closing date: Thursday 6 April 2023
Interviews: Monday 24 April 2023
How to apply
Applications should be returned by email to Miss Suzannah Hayes firstname.lastname@example.org.
References may be requested prior to interview and may be contacted on receipt of your application form. Please contact us to discuss this further if you have any queries.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office to book an appointment or speak with the Headteacher or Deputy Headteacher.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required.
This post will come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
You may also be interested in...View all
Assistant, Headteachers, Maternity
Assistant Head Teacher (Maternity Cover) – The Bishop’s CE Primary Academy
Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
The Bishops Church of England Primary Academy, Canterbury Way, Thetford, IP24 1EB
We are looking for an amazing person to join our dedicated and hardworking team at our dynamic and busy two-form entry church school. We are graded good for our Early Years and personal development and are moving towards good in all other areas.Details
Learning Support, Teaching Assistants
Learning Support Assistant – Tacolneston and Morley C E Primary Schools Federation
St Benet's Multi-Academy Trust
Morley Primary Academy - Morley St Botolph, Wymondham NR18 9TS
Academy Name: Tacolneston and Morley C E Primary Schools Federation Job Tile: Learning Support Assistant/Teaching Assistant Pay Scale: C Hours per week: 27.Details