HLTA – Thomas Bullock CE Primary Academy (DNEAT)
Posted on: Friday 19 March 2021
Thomas Bullock CE Primary Academy
The children, staff and governors of Thomas Bullock Primary School are looking for an excellent Higher Level Teaching Assistant to join our team.
- Salary – F £22,183- £24,491
- Part Time- 5 days per week
- 26.25 hours per week
- Term Time plus 1 week
- September 2021
The children, staff and governors of Thomas Bullock Primary School are looking for an excellent Higher Level Teaching Assistant to join our team. You will have experience of supporting teaching and learning in EYFS, Key Stage 1 and/or Key Stage 2 and will work with us to make learning accessible, irresistible, inclusive and effective for the children in our school. As HLTA you will be qualified to and expected to deliver lessons in the absence of the teacher; covering PPA time and sickness in line with requirements of your job description. We would also request you take on
wider responsibilities within the school.
You will need to:
- Have experience covering lessons and following a plan
- Independently plan and teach groups of learners
- Run intervention and therapy sessions
- Teach phonics and speech and language catch-up programmes
- Have high expectations of pupil outcomes and progress
- Encourage excellent behaviour and act as a role model for our pupils
- Develop good relationships with pupils, parents and colleagues.
- Be flexible, collaborative and supportive by helping colleagues
- Have HLTA qualifications
- Contribute your hobbies to our wider school growth
We can offer:
- A ‘Good’ school January 2020 Ofsted.
- Happy, enthusiastic pupils with excellent learning behaviours
- Excellent DNEAT trust support and professional development opportunities.
- Supportive training
- An opportunity to shine
- Excellent resources, space and facilities
- An outdoor wildlife learning area, pond and school farm
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be
This post will come under the requirements of the Childcare( Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration
form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
Closing date: Friday 30 April 2021
Interviews: Friday 7 May 2021
How to apply
Application forms are available to download from our school website www.thomasbullock.dneat.org
Email your applications to; email@example.com
References will be requested prior to interview and may be contacted on receipt of your application form. Please contact us to discuss this further if you have any queries.
Due to the current risk to health, we are offering virtual or after school visits only to the school.
Closing date: Friday April 30 2021, 12pm
Provisional date for interviews: Friday 7 May, 2021