Learning Support Assistant – Archbishop Sancroft High School
Posted on: Tuesday 8 June 2021 | Archbishop Sancroft High School (part of St Benet's MAT)
Wilderness Lane, Harleston, Norfolk IP20 9DD
This post would be ideal for a graduate interested in teaching and requiring experience in a school before applying for teaching training.
Tel: 01379 852561
Learning Support Assistant (LSA) required for a September start
32.5 hours – part time, permanent
Scale D Salary £19,312 -19,698 pro rata
We are extremely proud of our ethos and the very positive relationships which exist at the school. Archbishop Sancroft High School is a popular, inclusive and very successful 11-16 Church of England school in South Norfolk where students thrive and achieve very well.
Under the supervision of the class teacher you will play a vital role in the children’s education and well-being. The roles also include break and lunch time supervision on a rota.
- Ideally have relevant experience of working with children across the KS3/4 age range, and in particular with pupils who have Special Educational Needs. However, if you feel you have transferable skills and are looking for a new challenge then please tell us these in the personal statement of your application
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills, a relevant qualification (Level 2 minimum)
- Be able to establish positive and supportive relations with all pupils and their parents and carers
- Be able to use your initiative to support learning
- Be able to work with flexibility, autonomy and as part of a team
- Have energy, drive and enthusiasm
We can offer you:
- A child-centred ethos which achieves high standards of behaviour for learning and attainment
- A professional, welcoming and supportive staff with high expectations
- An opportunity to work in a good location where the cost of housing is attractive
“The distinctiveness and effectiveness of Archbishop Sancroft as a Church of England school are outstanding.” Church Schools Inspection 2017
“The SLT at this school lead with an extremely strong sense of passion and belief in what they are doing and why. The school fosters a great sense of community and it is clear that the SLT has the student’s needs at the heart of every decision. It is a great place to work and the students are fab!” Recent staff survey, 2021
“ASHS has evolved to where it is today with dignity, strength and kindness at its heart.” Recent parent survey, 2021
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: Wednesday 23 June 2021
Interviews: Friday 2 July 2021
How to apply
If you inspire young people, are committed to supporting vulnerable students with additional needs and want to develop your career in a thriving and forward moving school, please visit Vacancies Info on our website for further information and an application form or contact the Assistant SENDCO, Mrs Carolyn Whittleton, initially by email at email@example.com for an informal discussion.
Closing date: 9.00am Wednesday 23rd June
Interviews will be held on Friday 2nd July
Castle Acre CE Primary Academy
We are looking to appoint a supportive and enthusiastic Midday Supervisory Assistant to join our team at Castle Acre Church of England Primary Academy.Details