Learning Support Assistant (LSA) (St Benet’s)
Posted on: Thursday 21 May 2020
Archbishop Sancroft High School (A Church of England Academy)
This post would be ideal for a graduate interested in teaching and requiring experience in a school before applying for teaching training.
Learning Support Asssistant (LSA) required for a September 2020 start.
Archbishop Sancroft High School (a Church of England Academy)
Wilderness Lane, Harleston, Norfolk, IP20 9DD
Phone: 01379 852561
Mr Rob Connelly – Head of School
11-16 years 449 on roll from Sept 2019
Applications to Emma Johnson, School Support Manager email@example.com
25 hours – Part Time. Fixed term until 31st August 2021. This may be extended depending on need
Scale D Salary £18,795 -19,171 pro rata
This post would be ideal for a graduate interested in teaching and requiring experience in a school
before applying for teaching training.
We are extremely proud of our ethos and the very positive relationships which exist at the school.
Archbishop Sancroft High School is a popular, inclusive and very successful 11-16 Church of
England school in South Norfolk where students thrive and achieve very well.
Under the supervision of the class teacher you will play a vital role in the children’s education and
• Ideally have relevant experience of working with children across the KS3/4 age range, and in
particular with pupils who have Special Educational Needs. However, if you feel you have
transferable skills and are looking for a new challenge then please tell us these in the personal
statement of your application
• Have good literacy and numeracy skills, a relevant qualification (Level 2 minimum)
• Be able to establish positive and supportive relations with all pupils and their parents and
• Be able to use your initiative to support learning
• Be flexible and able to work in a team situation
• Have energy, drive and enthusiasm
We can offer you:
- A child centred ethos which achieves high standards of behaviour for learning and attainment
- A professional, welcoming and supportive staff with high expectations
- An opportunity to work in a good location where the cost of housing is attractive
“The school promotes a strong sense of community within which students thrive.” Ofsted
“The distinctiveness and effectiveness of Archbishop Sancroft as a Church of England
school are outstanding.” Church Schools Inspection 2017
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post will be subject to an
enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: Friday 5 June 2020
How to apply
If you inspire young people, are committed to supporting vulnerable students with additional needs
and want to develop your career in a thriving and forward moving school please visit Vacancies
Info on our website for further information and an application form or contact the Assistant
SENDCO, Mrs Linny Whittleton, initially be email firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal
Please return completed applications to Emma Johnson, School Support Manager email@example.com
Closing date: 9am Friday 5 June, interviews will be held the following week.