Midday Supervisory Assistant (MSA) – Caston CE Primary Academy (DNEAT)
Posted on: Wednesday 10 March 2021
Caston CE Primary Academy
Caston CE Primary Academy are looking for an MSA to join their team.
The Dove Federation
Executive Headteacher: Mrs Sarah Disney
Caston Primary Academy, The Street, Caston, Norfolk, NR17 1DD
Tel: 01953 483304
- Salary: £17,842 pro rata (£3004.59 actual salary)
- Permanent contract
- Part time – 7.5 hours per week
- Term time
- Start date – As soon as possible
You will be required to supervise children in all areas of the school, including the dining room, play areas, classroom, as directed by senior management in order to ensure the safety and good behaviour of the children. You will ensure that a good atmosphere is maintained at the meal time and encourage good eating habits and assist younger children where necessary. The role will involve the setting up and clearing away of tables and ensuring that the hall is cleared and cleaned at the end of lunch time. You will also be required to administer first aid when needed.
- Empathy with children
- Able to exert authority and give directions/instruction in a confident manner
- Able to communicate with children and adults
- Knowledge of school standards and procedures
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations within a school environment, Basic Health and Safety Training, plus awareness of how to obtain information on children’s allergies or asthma, etc. and how to use epipens, etc.
“This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. To this end, you may be required to undergo pre-employment checks.”
“This post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.”
Closing date: Monday 19 April 2021
How to apply
A job description is available to download from attachments.
An application form must be completed, this can be downloaded from the school website. Please return completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 19 April 2021 at 12:00 noon
Interview date: TBA