MSA – Dereham CofE Junior Academy
Posted on: Friday 18 November 2022 | Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
Dereham Primary Academy, Gilpin's Ride, Littlefields, Dereham, Norfolk, NR19 1BJ
We are looking for someone passionate to join our team.
Vacancy Title: MSA
Pay Scale: Scale A point 1
Full Time/Part Time: Part time
Hours per week: 5.83 hours (1hr 10 mins per day)
Term Time: 38 weeks per year
Start Date: As soon as possible
Purpose of the post:
To ensure the safety, general welfare and conduct of pupils during the midday break period. Assistance is also given to school and catering staff with basic cleaning and general duties in and around dining areas as directed by either School Business Manager, Headteacher or Deputy Headteacher.
- To supervise pupils in designated areas of the school during the midday break and to ensure their safety, welfare and general conduct through appropriate application of the school’s policies and procedures.
- To establish safe and appropriate behaviour by effective intervention or referral to senior
- To supervise the movement of pupils to and from dining areas, including any personal hygiene
- To maintain good order in dining
- To assist pupils, where necessary, with the collection of food and return of trays, or other items to the service
- To assist pupils, where necessary, with the proper use of cutlery, drinking facilities or other aspects of the midday
- To assist in the clearance of any spillages and wiping down, clearing or resetting of tables, as appropriate.
- To assist in the setting up and removal of furniture where
- To take any immediate action to attend to sickness or accidents by carrying out minor first aid and summoning relevant assistance if needed.
- To report any unauthorised visitors on school premises.
- To complete any documentation required by the school in relation to incidents occurring during the lunchtime break period and to participate in review meetings, as
Other duties and responsibilities express and implied which arise from the nature and character of the post within the school mentioned above or in a comparable post in any of the School’s other sections or departments.
Culture and ethos:
- Proactively promote and demonstrate the Diocese’s vision and values in all aspects of work
- Challenge, motivate and empower others to set high aspirations and attain ambitious outcomes
- Treat everyone as a valued individual who is loved by God
- Promote and demonstrate a culture of continuous improvement which includes keeping abreast of educational developments and best management practice
- Work collaboratively developing the concept of family across the Trusts and their academies
- Ensure regular open and honest communication in all professional duties
- Recognise the importance of serving the wider community and promoting inclusivity.
- Undertake such other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the grade.
The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this job specification are indicative and may vary over time. Postholders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and scope of the post and the grade has been established on this basis.
The safety and well-being of children is central to our ethos, and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide references and undertake the Independent Safeguarding Authority checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and comply with the Safeguarding Policy and child protection practices of the Trust.
The Diocese of Norwich Education Services Company (DONESC) has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in its academies and in the employment of people. The post holder will ensure that the DONESC meets its statutory obligations in relation to all aspects of equalities legislation. This post involves regular travel around the Diocese and maybe some evening and weekend work. This job description is not an exhaustive document. It reflects the duties and responsibilities applicable at the time of issue. Details and emphasis are subject to amendment and revision in the light of the changing of DONESC.
Closing date: Friday 9 December 2022
How to apply
Completed application form to be emailed to; email@example.com
References may be requested prior to interview and may be contacted on receipt of your application form. Please contact us to discuss this further if you have any queries.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office to book an appointment or speak with the Headteacher or Deputy Headteacher.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required.
This post will come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
msa, support-staff, Teaching Assistants
Support Staff 1-1 named child with medical needs with lunchtime MSA – Thomas Bullock CofE Primary Academy
Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
Thomas Bullock CE Primary Academy; Pound Green Lane Shipdham, IP25 7LF
Support Staff 1-1 named child with medical needs with lunchtime MSA Salary – Scale B-C depending on experience and qualifications 5 days per week 11:30pm – 3:30 ( 20 hours per week) Term Time plus 1 week Start date – as soon as possible The role offers an exciting opportunity to join our well-resourced, busy and thriving Nursery and Primary School where we are seeking to appoint and inspiring, creative, calm, responsive, caring and enthusiastic individual to support our fabulous children.Details
Teaching Assistant – Kessingland Church of England Primary Academy
Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
Kessingland Church of England Primary Academy, Field Lane, Kessingland, Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR33 7QA
Salary : Scale C, point 3-4 Hours : 26.Details