Qualified Teacher (with possible SENDCo responsibility across the federation) – Colkirk CE Primary Academy
Posted on: Friday 9 April 2021
Colkirk CE Primary Academy
Unity Federation is looking to appoint a skilled KS2 teacher to work at Colkirk, one of our successful and growing academies.
Full time (with possible SENDCo responsibility across the federation)
Type: Full Time
Length: Permanent (subject to a 6 month probationary period and induction process)
Start Date: 01.09.2021
Deadline: 26 April 2021 Interviews: 30 April 2021
Colkirk Church of England Primary Academy is a friendly village school which is part of the Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust (DNEAT). It is part of the Unity Federation of Church of England and Community Primary Academies along with West Raynham and Sculthorpe Church of England Primary Academies and Little Snoring Community Primary Academy. Colkirk was rated as a good (with outstanding for behaviour and safety) school by OFSTED in January 2019. Colkirk is within 5 minutes travel from Fakenham, 20 minutes from Dereham and 40 minutes from Norwich.
Unity Federation is looking to appoint a skilled KS2 teacher to work at Colkirk, one of our successful and growing academies. Ideally we are looking for someone with SENDCo experience or is interested in training to become a SENDCo across our federation. The class responsibility will be with Yr3/4 and allocated time will be provided out of the classroom for SENDCO duties. The SENDCO role will also will be remunerated with a TLR payment. Specialist PE, Music and Forest School provision is provided in the school. This would suit an experienced class teacher who can demonstrate skill in teaching a mixed aged class. Colkirk benefits from a supportive parent community. The federation teaching team works collaboratively together to plan and deliver learning with some outstanding and very supportive staff.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is an excellent classroom practitioner with experience of teaching KS2, with possible SENDCO experience or is willing to be trained to become a SENDCo for the federation.
- Can deliver exciting, challenging lessons within our challenge based curriculum
- Has experience of working closely with parents
- Is committed to their own professional development
- Works well as part of a small dedicated team
- Will promote Christian Values and uphold the Christian ethos of the academy and DNEAT
We can offer you:
- A supportive, friendly working environment with excellent DNEAT professional development programmes and career options
- Colleagues who work closely together and are committed to improving outcomes for children and families
- Children that are well-behaved, enthusiastic and eager to learn
- Opportunities to develop your career through carefully targeted professional development across our highly successful 4 school Federation and within DNEAT
- Potential to access nationally accredited SENDCo training
The academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A full DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check will be required for the successful candidate and other procedures and checks will be followed.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations.
Closing date: Monday 26 April 2021
Interviews: Friday 30 April 2021
How to apply
Visits to the school are by appointment only due to covid-19 regulations, please contact our Federation Business Manager (Cheryl Melton). Please take a good look at our federation website – www.wrsps.co.uk for lots of information. Also please email the Acting Executive Head if you have any questions or wish to arrange an informal chat over the phone. Interviews take place face to face following covid guidance.
Application Packs are available from email@example.com
Please return the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 26.04.2021
Deadline for applications: 26 April 2021
Interviews: 30 April 2021