SEN Teaching Assistant – Flitcham CofE Primary Academy
Posted on: Wednesday 16 November 2022 | Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
Flitcham Church of England Primary Academy, Church Road, Flitcham, King’s Lynn, Norfolk, PE31 6BU
A vacancy has arisen for an SEN Classroom Teaching Assistant
Vacancy Title: SEN TEACHING ASSISTANT
Pay Scale: Scale B Point 1
Pro-Rata Value: £13,085.00 (combined)
Full Time/Part Time: FULL TIME
Hours per week: 28.75 TA / 2.50 MSA
Term Time: TA 44.45 wpy /MSA 39 wpy (required for inset days or other (if applicable)
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to join Flitcham CE Primary Academy as a SEN Teaching Assistant with MSA duties. We welcome applications from experienced teaching assistants.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about making a difference to pupils’ learning and supporting them in achieving their full potential.
You will be responsible to Executive Headteacher / Deputy Headteacher and Classroom Teacher on a day to day basis and may be required to work at our partnership school, Sandringham & West Newton Primary Academy, on occasion.
Purpose of role:
- Under the guidance of teaching or other senior staff and within the overall ethos of the school, undertake care and learning programmes and activities to support individual or groups of pupils.
- Enable learning for pupils and assist the teacher in the management of pupils and classroom.
- Work may be carried out in other teaching classroom areas.
Support for pupils:
- Experience of working with pupils with SEN is desirable
- Attend to personal, social and any other needs of pupils.
- Establish good relationships with pupils, acting as a good role model and being aware of and responding to individual needs, promoting the inclusion and acceptance of all.
- Supporting pupils to understand instructions in lessons as directed by the teacher.
Support for the teacher:
- Prepare classroom(s) as directed for lessons, clear away afterwards and assist with displays of work etc.
- Prepare and maintain equipment/resources as directed by the teacher.
- Be aware of and reporting pupils’ problems, progress and achievements throughout the day
- Provide clerical administration support as needed.
Support for the School:
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection/health/safety/confidentiality/and data protection (GDPR), reporting all concerns to appropriate person (training and guidance will be given)
- Accompany teaching staff and pupils in visits in and out of school activities as required.
- Undertake other duties and activities that fall within the role as directed by Headteacher / Deputy Headteacher and Teaching Staff.
Culture and ethos:
- Proactively promote and demonstrate the Diocese’s vision and values in all aspects of work
- Challenge, motivate and empower others to set high aspirations and attain ambitious outcomes
- Treat everyone as a valued individual who is loved by God
- Promote and demonstrate a culture of continuous improvement which includes keeping abreast of educational developments and best management practice
- Work collaboratively developing the concept of family across the Trusts and their academies
- Ensure regular open and honest communication in all professional duties
- Recognise the importance of serving the wider community and promoting inclusivity.
- Undertake such other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the grade.
The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this job specification are indicative and may vary over time. Postholders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and scope of the post and the grade has been established on this basis.
The safety and well-being of children is central to our ethos, and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide references and undertake the Independent Safeguarding Authority checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and comply with the Safeguarding Policy and child protection practices of the Trust.
The Diocese of Norwich Education Services Company (DONESC) has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in its academies and in the employment of people. The post holder will ensure that the DONESC meets its statutory obligations in relation to all aspects of equalities legislation. This post involves regular travel around the Diocese and maybe some evening and weekend work. This job description is not an exhaustive document. It reflects the duties and responsibilities applicable at the time of issue. Details and emphasis are subject to amendment and revision in the light of the changing of DONESC
Closing date: Friday 2 December 2022
Interviews: Wednesday 7 December 2022
How to apply
Completed application form to be emailed to; email@example.com
References may be requested prior to interview and may be contacted on receipt of your application form. Please contact us to discuss this further if you have any queries.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office to book an appointment or speak with the Headteacher or Deputy Headteacher.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required.
This post will come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
msa, support-staff, Teaching Assistants
Support Staff 1-1 named child with medical needs with lunchtime MSA – Thomas Bullock CofE Primary Academy
Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
Thomas Bullock CE Primary Academy; Pound Green Lane Shipdham, IP25 7LF
Support Staff 1-1 named child with medical needs with lunchtime MSA Salary – Scale B-C depending on experience and qualifications 5 days per week 11:30pm – 3:30 ( 20 hours per week) Term Time plus 1 week Start date – as soon as possible The role offers an exciting opportunity to join our well-resourced, busy and thriving Nursery and Primary School where we are seeking to appoint and inspiring, creative, calm, responsive, caring and enthusiastic individual to support our fabulous children.Details
Teaching Assistant – Kessingland Church of England Primary Academy
Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
Kessingland Church of England Primary Academy, Field Lane, Kessingland, Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR33 7QA
Salary : Scale C, point 3-4 Hours : 26.Details