SENDCo – St Benet’s MAT
Posted on: Wednesday 23 September 2020 | St Benet's MAT
Tel: 01603 882344
Full time, permanent
Start Date: January 2021
St Benet’s Multi Academy Trust is a small and growing MAT looking to appoint a full-time SENDCo to work across a group of schools. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to co-ordinate and develop the SEND practice across three sites, with the potential for involvement with other schools working with the Trust.
Garboldisham Primary, Newton Flotman Primary and St Mary’s Junior (Long Stratton) are looking for an inspirational SENDCo to further develop and lead inclusion and SEN across the schools.
We are looking for the following attributes in the successful candidate:
- The National Award for SEN Co-ordination (or be working towards)
- Experience of working with children with Special Needs
- Thorough knowledge of the SEND Code of Practice
- The ability to lead staff in developing their knowledge and expertise in working with SEND children
- Skilful in assessing and developing effective systems to improve provisions for SEND children
- Can work effectively with the Headteachers and SLTs to achieve excellence
- The ability to support and improve the work of staff working with SEN
- Good communication skills and an ability to work within a team
- Good management and organisational skills and experience of leading/managing other staff
- The necessary communication skills enabling liaison with a variety of external agencies and parents
The role does not carry a timetabled teaching commitment. The SENDCo will have designated days in each school but would be expected to manage their own time and commitments working across the three sites.
If you wish to discuss the role, please contact Sam Nixon, Director of School Improvement, via firstname.lastname@example.org.
The post-holder will need to be able to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing in order to undertake the requirements of the role.
This post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
How to apply:
Please complete the application form and submit to email@example.com by the closing date. For safeguarding reasons, CVs will not be accepted and only applications on the specified application form will be considered.
Closing date: 9.00am on Monday 12th October 2020
Interview date: TBC
Closing date: Monday 12 October 2020
How to apply
Please complete the attached application form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date. For safeguarding reasons, CVs will not be accepted and only applications on the specified application form will be considered.