Site Manager – Swaffham CE Primary Academy (DNEAT)
Posted on: Wednesday 28 April 2021
Swaffham CE Primary Academy
Headteacher: Mrs N. Kaye
Age Range: Reception to Year 6
- Salary – Scale C, point 3-4, £9.62-£9.81 per hour (£18,562-£18,933 FTE)
- 37.5 hours per week – 6:00-10:00 and 14:00-17:30
- Term time + 8 weeks
- Required at start soon as possible
We are a friendly school situated in the growing market town of Swaffham and converted from a junior school to a primary in September 2020. You will play a vital role in the smooth running of our academy, ensuring the security, maintenance and general appearance of the building are maintained to a very high standard. Your role may include some cleaning to support the team. Your employment will be for an additional 8 weeks per year (term time + 8) to deep clean and complete repairs/improvements that cannot be completed during school term time.
The job includes the offer of a School House, as per the agreed tenancy arrangements.
We are looking for somebody who will:
- Be reliable, enthusiastic, practical, flexible and proactive
- Be able to work independently, using their own initiative, including prioritising workloads and contributing to the needs of the children and the whole school team
- Be able to communicate well with adults and children
- Ideally has a good basic DIY/Trade skill
- Understand the importance of hygiene and cleanliness
- Be willing to attend training
- Have an understanding of safeguarding and how to report any concerns
- Be able to undertake the physical aspect of the role including moving and handling, working at height
Swaffham CE Primary Academy is part of Diocese of Norwich Educational and Academies Trust (DNEAT). We are a friendly school situated in the growing market town of Swaffham and currently have 219 children on roll from Reception to Year 6.
Our academy is committed to safeguarding young people and expects all who work at the academy to share this commitment. All applicants to this post will be subject to further safeguarding checks, including a full Disclosure and Barring Service check for the candidate appointed.
‘This post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.’
Closing date: Monday 10 May 2021
Interviews: Friday 14 May 2021
How to apply
A job description and a person specification are available from ‘Attachments’.
To download an application form please click the link above. Alternatively, forms are available from our website.
Completed application forms should be returned to – firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 10 May 2021, 12 noon
Potential interview date: 14 May 2021, via Zoom