Teaching Assistant 1-1 SEN Support with a named child x 2 roles – Swaffham Primary Academy
Posted on: Tuesday 2 August 2022 | Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
Swaffham CofE Primary Academy, Brandon Road, Swaffham, PE37 7EA
We are seeking to employ people who have an understanding of supporting pupils with a range of communication and language needs, cognition and learning difficulties and associated communication, social and emotional challenges.
Teaching Assistants to support high SEND Needs within EYFS
Teaching Assistant 1-1 SEN Support with a named child.
Start Date – As soon as possible
Fixed term initially.
Grade: Scale D
We are recruiting for 2 x 28.5 hour Teaching Assistants
Do you believe in inclusion and that every child has the right and ability to shine, learn, believe and belong?
Swaffham Church of England Primary Academy has an exciting opportunity for three adaptive, consistent, patient Teaching Assistants to work within our EYFs provision with high needs SEND pupils. These roles are pupil specific. We are seeking two full time Teaching Assistants at 28.5 hours per week.
Pupil specific Teaching Assistant roles are unique and require a nurturing approach with a positive attitude, where we learn, develop and adapt, as a team, to the needs of the children and support them to get the very best experience they can from school life.
- Are you patient and understanding?
- Are you child centred?
- Can you work well as a team?
- Are you keen to learn and develop your skill set and understanding of SEND?
- Would you like to be part of our growing, positive team where children are at the very centre of all we do?
- Do you place a great deal of importance on mental health and well being for all?
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference and have a strong impact on special needs children at the very start of their educational journey at Swaffham Primary Academy.
In this role you would be working in a team of Teaching Assistants, including Pupils Specific roles, with the Class Teacher and SENDCo to ensure that high needs children have the provision, patience, understanding and support they need to access an adaptive curriculum and thrive within our setting.
We are seeking to employ someone who can:
- Support communication and language development
- Support social, emotional and language needs
- Be a forward thinking TA with the willingness to learn, adapt and be flexible to meet the needs of all learners
- Follow direction of the teacher and in collaboration adapt provision for SEND pupils to access the curriculum
- Promote inclusion and acceptance of pupils while encouraging constructive relationships within the classroom
- Under the guidance and direction of the class teacher, promote positive relationships with parents/carers
- Undertake structured and agreed learning activities, adjusting activities according to pupil responses
- Support the needs of all learners to access the curriculum and make progress, under the direction of the class teacher
- Have the ability to be independent and work as part of a team
- Working with ASD or pupils with global development delay would be an advantage
- Confident and knowledgeable working with technology to support learning
- Working with pupils with SEND
We can offer:
- a friendly, welcoming, enthusiastic and committed staff team
- fantastic children who are keen to learn
- commitment to CPD and professional development with opportunities across the Trust
- the opportunity to work in a collaborative environment both within the academy and also as part of the DNEAT family of schools which includes 23 other Primary schools
- a happy and positive working environment
For an informal discussion with the SENDCo or to book an opportunity to visit the school, please contact Jackie Purple on 01760 721831.
Applications and further details are available from our website: https://www.swaffhamprimary.dneat.org
Applications will be subject to the Academy’s Safe Recruitment procedures including an enhanced DBS check. This post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
Closing date: Friday 2 September 2022
How to apply
Completed application forms to be emailed to email@example.com
2 x Cleaner vacancies – Swaffham Church of England Primary Academy
Diocese Of Norwich Education and Academies Trust.
Swaffham C.E. Primary School, Brandon Road, Swaffham, Norfolk. PE37 7EA
The school is looking for two hardworking and committed individuals, who are able to work using their own initiative.Details
Teaching Assistant, Early Years Class – St Peter & St Paul Carbrooke Church of England Primary Academy & Nursery
Diocese Of Norwich Education and Academies Trust.
Church Street, Carbrooke, Norfolk IP25 6SW
We are looking to appoint a practical, hardworking and reliable Teaching Assistant to join our team at St Peter & St Paul Church of England Primary Academy & Nursery, in the beautiful rural village of Carbrooke from September 2022 ~ our Academy is part of the Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust (DNEAT).Details