Teaching Assistant – Swaffham Church of England Primary Academy
Posted on: Thursday 25 November 2021
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to join Swaffham Church of England Primary Academy as a Teaching Assistant. We welcome applications from suitably qualified and experienced Teaching Assistants as well as those who are in the early stages of their career. This post would be ideal for a graduate interested in teaching and requiring experience in a school before applying for teaching training.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about making a real difference to pupils’ chances and supporting them in achieving their potential. The ability to be creative and use imaginative flair to engage pupils, is essential, along with having resilience, drive and high expectations, enabling every child to flourish.
Responsible to: Executive / Headteacher & Head of School but working with a qualified teacher on
a day to day basis.
Purpose of role:
Under the instruction / guidance of teaching or other senior staff and within the overall
ethos of the school, undertake care and learning programmes and activities to support
individuals or groups of pupils, including more specialise support for those with special
Enable access to learning for pupils and assist the teacher in the management of pupils and
Work may be carried out in the classroom or in other teaching areas.
Pay Scale: 5 or 6 depending on experience
Support for Pupils
- To attend to the personal and social needs of pupils and any other special requirements
depending on the nature of a pupils’ needs
- Supervise and support pupils ensuring their safety and access to learning.
- Establish good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and being aware of and
responding appropriately to individual needs, promote the inclusion and acceptance of all
pupils and encourage pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the
Support for the Teacher
- Prepare classroom as directed for lessons and after clear away and assist with the display of
- Be aware of pupil problems, progress and achievements, report to the teacher as agreed
and undertake pupil record -keeping as requested
- Support the teacher in managing teacher behaviour, reporting difficulties as appropriate.
Provide clerical and administrative support by photocopying, typing, fling and collecting
Support for Curriculum
- Support pupils to understand instructions and in undertaking literacy and numeracy
tasks as directed by the teacher.
- Prepare and maintain equipment / resources as directed by the teacher and assist
pupils in their use, including the use of basic IT as directed
Support for the School
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection,
health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection (GDPR), reporting all
concerns to an appropriate person.
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure all pupils have equal access to
opportunities to learn and develop.
- Attend relevant meetings as required and participate in training and other learning
activities and performance development as required.
- Assist with the supervision on pupils out of lesson times, including before and after
school. Accompany teaching staff and pupils in visits and out of school activities as
- Undertake other similar duties and activities that fall within the grade and scope of the
post, as directed by the Headteacher / Executive Headteacher
Closing date: Monday 6 December 2021
How to apply
To apply please complete the DNEAT Application Form and return to
St Benet's Multi-Academy Trust
The Harleston Federation (Archbishop Sancroft High School and Harleston Primary School)
We are looking to recruit a full time assistant caretaker/cleaner to join our site team across the Harleston Federation, supporting us to deliver the very best outcomes for our community.Details
Teaching Assistant – Dereham Church of England Junior Academy
Teaching AssistantIf you are an experienced Teaching Assistant looking for a new challenge or someone wishing to change your career path and enjoy a job that keeps on rewarding you every day, then we may have the position for you.Details